Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Week 11: Email Marketing

For my small coffee business, I would send out a few newsletters. The first would be the “welcome” newsletter for when they sign up to join our email listing. In that newsletter I would offer a free coffee. Another would be the birthday newsletter for their birthday month. During that month they will also receive a free coffee. I think if I were to add another newsletter, it would be to promote a new product or if we were having a BOGO deal going on. Ultimately, I would send out monthly newsletters to not overflow their email with spam. I think that approach for a small business is smart. There is always room to grow, but unless you’re wanting to expand your business and “go corporate” or open another location, there is no need to go crazy with emails. 

I like how Starbucks offers the app to customers, allowing them to collect points to earn free coffee. Coffee Bean does the same. I would be interested in starting that as well because it brings your customers back and as a thank you for returning, you get points to receive a free item.

2 comments:

  1. Hello - Good job on your blog post. I feel like your ideas for your newsletter campaign is strong and can really benefit your business in a positive way. Speaking from personal experiences, but I always enjoy the newsletters that provide a freebie item on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great content for your email newsletter. Maybe you can include a spotlight on a barista or include a complimentary food recipe that pairs well with your coffee

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...