Thursday, December 13, 2018

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I would know how to start my business, grow my social media platforms and get customers talking. This semester I learned about the different social media platforms and which type is better for each business depending on the target you’re trying to reach. 

One thing I will continue to use if I ever do open my business is the google analytics. Knowing what audience is interacting to your posts will help you adjust or conform based of the reviews you receive. I didn’t get into Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube because those are platforms that wouldn't be useful for a small coffee shop. 

We also learned about visual platforms which is what I used this semester. Those networks include Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest...etc. I am only using IG and FB. For a small shop, it’s the quickest way to my audience with the quickest response I can get. I don’t have time to generate videos for YouTube, especially when I am only one person posting to our businesses social media page. When we did research those networks, I found larger, corporate businesses using YouTube. Toyota was one of them. Most of their videos were showing the best of the cars features. It’s a great marketing technique for them because pictures won’t do the car justice and customers would want to know how something like that works/looks. For a smaller business such as a coffee shop, it’s more cost efficient and smarter to use networks targeting your surrounding area. 

Before taking this class, I didn’t know that YouTube could be used for social media purposes for promoting your business. Whenever I think of YouTube, I think about bloggers and “how-to” videos people make. I think about music videos and clips from musicians. After searching more on how businesses use it, I can see how useful it can be. When I searched for similar small shops like mine, I found Instagram and Facebook to be the best. I love how I can connect to my customers and reply back to them. 


All in all, this class has been super helpful. I did marketing for my last job so I had an idea of how social media marketing worked, but I gained more information and had fun taking this class. My viewpoint has changed drastically because I always thought social media is used for selfish reasons, but people honestly and wholeheartedly make a living, support their families, and sell/promote amazing products and services because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...