Thursday, December 6, 2018

Week 16: Planning Your Future Strategy

This semester I learned about all the types of social media platforms, how to utilize them to your specific goals for your business and how to strategically use social media in general to continue progressing through your business journey. I also learned how to gather analytics on Facebook and create relationships with customers. 

For my small coffee shop, I personally think I’d stick to Facebook and Instagram. Those are the 2 visual social media platforms I know could help excel the business and bring customers in. I could go on to Twitter, but if I am the only one running the social media, I want to make sure I’m consistent with what I have and not go overboard with it. For my online marketing strategy, I would definitely use the boosted posts on Facebook. Like I said I am one person, so I think having an already set schedule for when my posts go out would really help. I would spend everyday on social media for my coffee shop. I think it’s important to keep up with content on your page and throughout peoples newsfeed, especially if we have something exciting happening in the store. The only other way people would know about us is organically. 

With Facebook and Instagram, I will add the same content to both. For example, if I post a picture on Facebook, that same photo will go on Instagram at the same time (I love that feature!). Because we are a new coffee shop, I want to give out free coffee for the whole month if you sign up for our newsletter. I think this strategy could work because who doesn’t love free coffee? This way, our customers can stay up to date with what’s going on at our shop. Secondly, I will post every day that were open (everyday except Sunday), and post a time during the day that most people are on their phones. I find this to be 6pm-9pm. Lastly, I would like to also post 1-2 times a week of real customers at our coffee shop. With permission, of course. 

3 comments:

  1. Caitlyn, I agree with you in using visual platforms to showcase your products. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlyn,

    I think it is wise to be well establish in Facebook and Instagram, then move to Twitter. It can hard to manage all these different platforms. I highly recommend you use Hootsuite. It's free to use for three platforms and you can post the same content across all the platforms at the same time.

    I wish you great success in social media for your coffee business.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...