Thursday, October 25, 2018

Week 10: Blogging for Business

Readers like to be touched, moved, by story. They like to imagine themselves in worlds and situations that challenge them, that give them opportunity to do and be something other than what they do or are in their real lives. It depends on what your ultimate goal is for your post and what you want your follower to feel. For example, I am trying to sell coffee. I want our customers to feel welcomed with open arms, so with permission, I would post pictures of our customers in the morning drinking coffee. Obviously leaving their full names out of the description and not tagging them. But that comes across as personal and people like it when they see themselves through a business post.

5 comments:

  1. I think that's a great idea! Provided they had, as you mentioned, given you permission, I'm sure that seeing their photo in your post would give them a sense of ownership, like, "Yep, that's my coffee place! Go there all the time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that its a great idea to add customers to your blog! Humans are visual creatures and seeing everyday people in your coffee shop will surly draw them in. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to build community for your coffee shop. You could also add a personal touch by featuring employees or behind the scenes moments to make customers feel more connected and loyal to your business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The current company I'm with actually exerts this same method. They have their own form of social media, and with customers permission, we'll share their photos enjoying our customer service throughout the platform. They love it! It creates a sense of community within the company, and I can see this is what you're aiming for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are passionate about their coffee, so your approach should work to engage coffee drinkers and make them come back.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...