Saturday, September 8, 2018

Week 3B: 5 Business Websites

1) HelloFresh
https://www.hellofresh.com
Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
All 3 handles are used a ton.
Last post for Instagram: September 6th, 2018
Last post for Twitter: September 6th, 2018
Last post for FB: September 6th, 2018
HelloFresh has posted photos 3 times in the last 24 hours on all platforms. Since they are strictly an online business, social media is their entire outlet.

2) AutoZone
https://www.autozone.com
Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
Facebook and Twitter have similar posts. Youtube has no recent posts.
Last post on Facebook: August 28th, 2018
Last post on Twitter: August 29th, 2018
Last post on YouTube: February 10th, 2018
The very reason they use YouTube is to show tutorials or what your car needs if something is going wrong, which is why it’s not used everyday. The other 2 handles have similar posts.

3) Toyota 
https://www.toyota.com
Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Last post on FB: September 7th, 2018
Last post on YouTube: September 5th, 2018
Last post on Google+: January 27th, 2017
Last post on Twitter: September 4th, 2018
Last post on Instagram: September 7th, 2018
Last post on Pinterest: September 6th, 2018
There is not consistency throughout their social media, but they add polls on Facebook which I like because it engages their customers.

4) Graco Baby
http://www.gracobaby.com/en-US
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram
Last post on FB: September 5th, 2018
Last post on Twitter: October 24th, 2017
Last post on Pinterest: Unknown (says their last pin was saved over 6 years ago)
Last post on YouTube: July 12th, 2018
Last post on Instagram: September 7th, 2018

5) Target
https://www.target.com
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, (Target Cartwheel application)
Last post on FB: September 7th, 2018
Last post on Twitter: September 7th, 2018
Last post on Pinterest: September 7th, 2018
Last post on YouTube: August 21st, 2018
Last post on Instagram: September 5th, 2018

I chose these businesses because they are all very successful. The most common things I’ve found is that Facebook is utilized almost every day, if not 3 times a day. It’s a great source if you’re trying to connect with your costumer because you’re able to ask questions and add polls. The businesses would reply back to some comments from customers who were happy or angry with the product. This allowed them to create customer relations. 

Another thing I noticed was that YouTube is solely used for ad’s or visual instructions. It’s not a platform to use everyday. The success from social media is used more through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I was surprised to see Toyota “uses” Google+. I put that in quotations because it’s been over a year since they posted on there. I was also surprised to see that HelloFresh only uses 3 social media platforms. With an online business, I would expect them to use more. However, they are extremely successful through word of mouth and their social media is used 3+ times a day. What I collected from all of these businesses and exploring their pages is that the more consistent you are, the louder your “voice” will be heard, in turn, retrieve more feedback from your clientele.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on the following blog posts from my group:
    Troy Lunn
    Matthew Ward
    Leslie Montano

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the organization of your post, it's interesting to see your analysis of the businesses you featured and it is surprising some companies still using less popular platforms or even less of an amount of social media for them to keep up with. I refused to use Pinterest for years and now I love it and can see the benefits! I think in order to maintain visibility, a business will use the power of social media with a higher frequency in order to stay relevant.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...