Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Week 4: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Penny Juice
https://www.pennyjuice.com

My first initial thought of visiting the website was that it is a bit cheesy. There is way too many colors being used and that makes me stray away from a page. I had a hard time understanding what they were offering at first and when I found out, I tried to see what the nutrition information was, but it wasn’t visible to see. The brand itself could be a little more appealing also. 

http://jamilin.com

There is no logo on this page. It looks like it wasn’t thought out very well. There is lots of space on the sides and all the “info” was smushed in. There are also too many ads on this websites page. There is an option on the page to click that says,“clear clutter”. Much like the Penny Juice website, I think there is way too many colors happening, making the page not appealing to the eye. 

Apple
https://www.apple.com

Apple has such a huge name already, that when someone goes to their website, they immediately have in mind what they are looking for. I like the big, bold letters they use. The clean look of simple, neutral colors makes it easy to navigate through the page. When you click on a link, the next page has a sleek transition. 

Toyota
https://www.toyota.com

I originally chose Toyota in last weeks posts to view their social media because they have a great brand and reliable cars. Their website is easy to use and even has a location finder to make it most convenient on where the closest one is to the customer. They have simple colors that make it appealing to the eye. It makes me want to scroll through the drop down tabs to see what they offer.

1 comment:

  1. I chose three out of the four you posted and I completely agree. I have no background in design or advertising, so just as an outsider simply viewing these sites, I know which ones I would want to further do business with, and those who I might have to skip. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...