Monday, September 24, 2018

Week 5B: Define Your Target Market

The coffee industry has become large. I have opened up my fictional spot in Oceanside called On the Edge Coffee House. It is a local coffee shop in Oceanside serving coffee and house baked pastries. I am targeting everyone in the Oceanside, Carlsbad, and Vista area. I would like to target parents, people with jobs, teens, college students, or really anyone who likes to drink coffee.

According to ABC News, a new report estimates that the 
average American worker spends nearly $14.40 a week on coffee, which does not include the cost of drinking coffee at home. Data is shown to indicate that the average worker spends around $1,100 annually on coffee.

The market for coffee will always be there. Americans will drink it anytime during the hours of 4am-5pm. I think opening up a spot close to the beach is a great location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...