Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Week 5: Defining Your Target Market

I chose Armstrong Garden and Myrtle Creek. Immediately I noticed the fonts on both websites. Armstrong seems more corporate with the layout and bold text. You know Myrtle Creek only has one location because of contact info at the top left of the page. The text is in cursive writing and the background is soft making it more visually appealing. I think the target market for Armstrong is worldwide customers who love to garden, and Myrtle Creek has the same kind of people, but they want to target local customers. 

Another thing I noticed on both websites is how they approach their social media. Armstrong Garden has their Instagram plastered on a huge piece of their home page, and Myrtle creek has it very subtly on the lower corner of their site. I really like how when you got to Myrtle Creeks website, it’s easy on the eyes withe the “gardening look” (wood colors, tons of greenery...etc.), and the pictures you can scroll through show what the site looks like, which is very beautiful and would attract anyone interested in gardening. Armstrong has an interesting take on colors used. I don’t understand the yellow and red combination and to me looks unappealing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...