Saturday, October 13, 2018

Week 8B: Get Visual- Let a Picture Tell a Story

Some examples of local coffee shops similar to mine are listed below with their visual social media they’re currently using:

Pier View Coffee Company-Oceanside, CA-Instagram
341 Followers, last post on September 13th, 2018

The Loose Leaf Tea Bar-Oceanside, CA-Instagram, Twitter
Insta: 2,142 Followers, last post on October 12th, 2018
Twitter: 1,022 Followers, last post on October 21st, 2015

Revolution Roasters- Oceanside, CA- Instagram
5,708 Followers, last post on October 13th, 2018

Skybound Coffee-Vista, CA-Instagram
605 Followers, last post on October 6th, 2018

Lush Lounge-Vista, CA- Unknown

The one visual social media platform I can use to my advantage for On the Edge Coffee House is Instagram. After looking through all their social medias, they illustrate coffee in front of a great scenery or use latte art to attract their followers. Each post I notice is around the same number of “likes” which ranges from 50-200. I noticed that Revolution Roasters has a stronger follower based platform, maybe because they post every day and are consistent. Another thing I noticed was the comment section. The coffee companies didn’t leave much space to connect to their followers. They don’t hold any promotions or ask questions. As a mom and pop shop, I think its beneficial to connect to your existing customers as much as possible. The surrounding area where your shop is located is where you will see more of your regular customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...