Sunday, November 11, 2018

Week 12B: Using Other Social Media

Im very interested in coupon networking. I think small businesses like coffee shops or boutiques could succeed using sites such as Living Social and Groupon. It allows them to get their brand out in the open on sites that millions of people visit everyday. The only problem with the two sites is they take 50% of your profit from whatever you offer. So say I am offering a $20 gift card to my coffee shop for $15. Groupon would take half of that only leaving me with a $7.50 profit. Essentially, you loose out on money but in return it could be profitable. I bought a Groupon a while back on a local coffee shop that had 25% off your order for free that you just had to redeem. That’s also another route someone could go. 

It’s funny that we bring up Yelp because I check it every time I am either 1: looking for somewhere new I’ve never been, or 2: leaving a review for a business that had a huge impact on my experience. Yelp would also be great for a small business like mine because when people are looking up coffee shops in the surrounding area, my shop will pop up with the location, reviews, photos and website. I believe Yelp has a huge impact on customers because if someone had a bad experience, there is no way to edit or block on their side. They are real reviews and customers will take them into consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...