Thursday, November 15, 2018

Week 13: Online Advertising

I searched for coffee shops near my area. The ones I found were Skybound Coffee + Dessert Lounge, Succulent Cafe, The Story Caffe, Leap Coffee and Sleeping Tiger Coffees. All five have similar and different social advertisings. I love that they all take beautiful photos that are appealing to the customer. I almost always stop thats in an advertisement or magazine if a photo is beautiful. The advertising seems effective because many people have either “liked” or commented on their Facebook under the photo. 

After looking through Facebook, I know another thing that draws me in is videos. Know a days, companies have used a beautiful, nice to look at face in their adds. And those people are using their products. I recently just saw an advertisement for Wunder2Cosmetics on Instagram. It was a girl (says she’s a makeup artist on her profile), and she was using the product. It was a short 30 second video, but it got the point across. She had expressions on her face saying the product was good, and she even wiped her white shirt on her face and no makeup came off. It’s more effective to video your product, rather than take a photo and hope that people read what you have going on in the description box below. 

Something I think that is annoying is when companies suck you in to their add, but there is small print that has exclusions or some sort of catch that throws off the actual add and makes it seem false. An example would be a free coffee. You can scroll through a magazine and it will say FREE COFFEE in bold letters and then right below or in small print it will read “with the purchase of another item” or something along those lines. That’s pretty small and just an example, but you get the point. 

Personally, I am on social media more than I’d like to admit, so I think that Social Media advertising is effective. However, traditional advertising is just as effective. It depends on the audience you are want to target. Social media is a 2 way conversation because people can interact with you, where traditional is only one way. Social media uses influencers and users of the product, while traditional usually uses celebrities and actors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

This semester I learned how to utilize social media for my business to grow. I don’t think I want to open my own business just yet, but I...